I guess you could say that I’ve read a lot of books in the last two months! People ask how I do it and this is my answer:
- I live in a small town where there isn’t much to do.
- I’m still living the pandemic lifestyle, staying home even more than usual.
- My husband has had to work lots of overtime lately.
- We don’t have kids.
- I sleep terribly.
- I read fast.
- My online book group has tons of motivational activities.
- I upgraded my Kindle from a Basic to a Paperwhite Signature. (I was getting eye strain from the Basic. My poor eyes are so happy now!)
Some books I skim, some I give a great deal of attention to, and there are even some that I start and don’t finish (I don’t list these.) You may recognize some titles from previous posts. There are still a few I plan to acknowledge here, but the ones who had the greatest impact on me have already been reviewed. It’s difficult to get to everything.
I also get asked about authors. Which authors do I recommend? This is a TOUGH question! Everyone’s tastes are different. Please keep in mind that just because I love a book doesn’t mean everyone else will love it. This is why it’s important to read several reviews (unless you’re really brave)–and not just mine–before buying a book. Join Goodreads, read reviews on Amazon, join NetGalley, find a Facebook group for your age and genre preference. Being proactive is the only way to find what YOU enjoy reading.
But to answer the author question, here are some favorites–all fiction. You can find all of them in the “author” section of this site.
I hope this gives you a little glimpse into authors to research and whose works to pursue. For the devoted reader there is truly something for everyone. ❤️
Email subscribers: Visit readwithkristie.com to see the site in its entirety.